Thursday, April 21, 2011

Iowa 1:1 Conference

Dear Readers:

I had the great pleasure and honor to present at the 1:1 conference in Des Moines on April 20th. Shayla Hunefeld and I put together two presentations to share with others interested in technology. I will not go into great detail on what we presented by I will supply the links so that you can preview them. We did a presentation on creating websites and also on creating webquests.
Shayla and I really enjoyed meeting other tech minded people and sharing our ideas and experiences with others. The part I enjoyed the most was listening to Nancy Movall discuss what she sees as the future for Iowa and Technology. Nancy has received a grant to help create an online warehouse of information and programs. Nancy feels that the warehouse is the beginning, but that Iowa teachers not only need to use the warehouse but also contribute what they have as well. Imagine a warehouse where all the teachers in Iowa placed their best lessons to share with others. It is an amazing concept and idea. We all need to support Nancy and her endeavor by using the warehouse and also contributing to the warehouse. It will become live in the fall so be on the lookout and I will place a link here once it is live. If you have any questions or ideas to share with how to make this a reality please share.

Sincerely,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment